We continue to operate in accordance with the Australian Dental Association guidelines and WA government's health and safety advice.
The wellbeing of our patients and team is our top priority.
CAN I STILL COME TO THE DENTIST?
Dentistry has one of the highest levels of infection control standards and since the outbreak of Covid 19, we have implemented additional, stringent controls to enable us to provide you with the safest possible treatment.
Our practice has been awarded full Accreditation against the NSQHS Standards for Dental Practice Accreditation. This ensures we are committed to continuous quality improvement and have formally demonstrated safety, quality and good governance.Our reception area is regularly decontaminated/disinfected.
Our surgeries and other high touch surfaces are cleaned with a detergent/disinfectant. Disposable barriers are in place to eliminate contamination and to assist in maintaining our clean/sterile environment. ALL instruments are sterilised and tracked.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO UPON ARRIVAL?
We value your safety and the safety of all our staff. To ensure we all adhere to government guidelines and restrictions within our practice, please make sure to:
- Wear a mask. If you have forgotten yours, ask our friendly reception for one.
- Check in with the SafeWA QR code.
- Sanitise your hands when entering and leaving our practice.
- Practice social distancing while you wait for your appointment.
- Your temperature will be checked by our Front Office Coordinator.
- You will be asked a number of Covid 19 Screening Questions.
Our dentists and dental assistants will be wearing masks and other appropriate PPE to ensure they limit contact with you during your appointment.
ARE THE DENTISTS AND STAFF VACCINATED?
All dental practices in WA are required by law to comply with the Public Health Orders and Directions in place. This includes the Workers in a healthcare setting (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements)
Under the Direction, everyone working in healthcare must be fully vaccinated by 15 December 2021 or have received an approved vaccination exemption.
All our staff are fully vaccinated.
WHAT IF I FEEL UNWELL BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
If you feel unwell, or experiencing ANY possible COVID-19 symptoms, please contact our friendly staff to reschedule your appointment as soon as possible.
We may give you a quick call prior to your appointment to check your health status. This is to ensure you are feeling well and have not been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or aren’t currently waiting for your COVID-19 test results.
YOU WILL NOTICE SOME CHANGES
- Using a mouth rinse prior to your dental procedure.
- We may use rubber dam to isolate areas of your mouth when possible.
We've added additional PPE required for COVID-19 and depending on the nature of your treatment, you’ll notice our clinical teams wearing PPE that includes:
- Clinical Clothing – Scrubs
- Impervious Disposable Gowns – in some cases
- Appropriate masks fit for purpose
- Headcover and face shields.
HOW WE CAN REDUCE THE RISK TOGETHER
Practising common sense can help slow the spread of coronavirus. Here are some vital actions you can take, recommended by the WHO.
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser with a minimum of 60% alcohol if hand washing is unavailable.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, face, or mouth unless you have clean hands.
- Maintain distance from others in public of at least 1.5 metres.
- Cover your mouth with your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Throw used tissues away immediately.
- Wear a facemask at all times if you are unwell, and as and when directed.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact our office.