Refer to Garden City Implants
Welcome to our #BlueFamily and Thank You for choosing our practice to look after your smile.
Who is Dr James Wong?
Dr James LT Wong graduated from the University of Western Australia in 1996 with a Bachelor of Dental Science. After working a number of obligatory years working for other Dentists, he purchased his own practice in Rockingham in 2002. This practice steadily increased in size and success and during his 18 years there he found a passion for surgical procedures and Dental Implants.
- 2007 12 month course Brener Implant Institute NSW.
- 2009 12 month training Advanced Implant Surgery Prof Hom-Lay Wang (Prog Director University of Michigan)
- 2011 Post Graduate Degree in Dental Implantology (Charles Sturt University NSW) One of only two dentists accepted into the prestigious programme that year.
- 2011 Awarded Fellowship status from the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- 2011-2014 Two years further study at Goethe University Frankfurt Germany - Oral Implantology.
- 2015/16 Implant and oral surgery consultant for a multi-disciplinary practice in Singapore and other referring dentists throughout Perth.
- 2017 Purchased “Gateway Dental Specialists” here in Booragoon. With a complete redesign and refurbishment, he created “Garden City Implant & Dental”, favouring the ocean as his inspiration.
- 2020 He left his practice in Rockingham to focus 100% of his time here, looking after his loyal patients who’ve followed him and all his new and referred patients.
Dr James Wong’s scope of implant procedures ranges from placing a single dental implant to complex, full mouth rehabilitations. He has placed over 6000 Dental Implants with an exceptional success rate.
Another passion is wisdom teeth extractions, having extracted well over 50,000 teeth over the last 25 years for both existing and referred patients.
Dr Wong is a member of the Australasian Osseointegration Society & frequently attends further education seminars and conducts Implant Study events. Dr Wong regularly mentors other General Dentists on surgical and restorative implant procedures and complex wisdom teeth extractions as well as providing consultative services for their patients. Dr Wong is also an Examiner for the Perth Implant Institute.
Rest assured – you’re in good hands.
We endeavour to provide painless dentistry to every patient. After a thorough initial assessment and discussion, we will provide one or a combination of different sedation options. YOUR comfort is our goal.