With the recent impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), our dental team at Garden City Implant Dental wanted to share some of the protocols we have in place to protect your health and wellness during your dental visit.
As part of your health care team, we monitor changes and updated guidelines set forth by the Australian Department of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) in our interactions and work environment to ensure patient and team safety.
Since information is updated regularly, we recommend checking the latest recommendations.
Your number one line of safety is a knowledgeable and dedicated dental team. We have met with our entire staff to discuss protocols for keeping ourselves and patients safe, including symptoms to look for and what to do in the event of exposure.
Sterilisation and Pathogen Control
Our dental clinic always maintains the highest cleanliness standards and sterilisation protocols using ADA-approved measures and the barrier method to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including medical-grade disinfectants.
Additionally, we do the following:
- Sterilise all multi-use dental instruments between patient visits
- Promptly dispose of all single-use instruments
- Routinely certify all sterilisation devices
- Sterilise all corners of the dental clinic, bathroom, and reception continuously
- We also have measures in place for team members and patients who are exposed to COVID-19
How Coronavirus Impacts Your Dental Appointment
Please get in touch with us right away if any of the following conditions apply:
- You have travelled outside of the country in the last month.
- You have a cough, fever, shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms.
- You have had contact with anyone who has been exposed to the Coronavirus.
We are happy to rearrange bookings for patients who feel unwell or suspect they may have COVID-19.
How We Can Reduce the Spread of Coronavirus Together
Common sense caution can help slow the spread of Coronavirus.
Here are some vital actions you can take, recommended by the WHO.
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser with a minimum of 60% alcohol if hand washing is unavailable.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, face or mouth unless you have clean hands.
- Maintain distance from others in public of at least six feet.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Throw used tissues away immediately.
- If you are sick and must go out, wear a facemask.
If you have recently found disinfectants unavailable due to the demand for these products, you can make your own solution at home using 1/3 cup of bleach per gallon of water. Never mix bleach with any other types of cleaners or ammonia. You can also use alcohol solutions at 70% alcohol or higher.
Contact Your Dentist in Booragoon, WA for More Information
If you have any questions or concerns about Coronavirus, the action we are taking, or if you should come in for your dental appointment, we welcome you to call our dental clinic.